How to use massage oil candles
Danièle Ryman’s massage oils candles are really effective yet simple to use. To get the most from your candle, here are the basic instructions:
- Remove the lid and light the wick of the massage oil candle.
- Leave the flame burning for a few minutes. You will see the natural butters and oils turning to liquid.
- Put out the flame by replacing the lid.
- Pour a small amount of oil on to your hand or the part of the body to be massaged. It will not burn but try a drop to test the temperature is comfortable for you.
- Massage the oil into your skin, using gentle circular movements to ensure the experience is both enjoyable and effective.
- Repeat with more oil, as required for the areas to be massaged.
- If you have not finished when the flame goes out, simply light it again.
- When you have taken enough oil for your massage, put out the flame by putting the lid back on. The wonderful, subtle aromas will fill the room for a while and you will preserve the remaining massage oil for your next treatment.
Do not burn the massage oil candle for more than 60 minutes as the natural cotton wick will degrade (it is also a shame to waste oil if you have taken what you need).